Skip to content
86-300 Grudziadz | ul. Sienkiewicza 24 | tel. 0564613104 | szkolap5@poczta.onet.pl


Narrow screen resolution Wide screen resolution Increase font size Decrease font size Default font size
Start arrow Comenius arrow Water Gate
Water Gate PDF Drukuj Email
Wpisał: Sylwia Malinowska   
08.10.2013.

The Water Gate

It is dated from the beginning of the 14th century. Formerly it was locked with a portcullis (which presently has decorating function only). It was burnt in 1659 and 1945, after which it underwent massive renovation. The Gate was the main entrance to the town and to the castle from the harbour side. During the rebuilding process, the exterior of the gate facing the town lost its gothic and defensive character.

Water gate

The Riddle!
The Water Gate was burned in 1659. Calculate how many years has it been since burning.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

       
Zmieniony ( 27.12.2013. )
 
« poprzedni artykuł   następny artykuł »
Top